Chocolate Peanut Candy Squares Recipe
Several years ago, I took this recipe to my sister's annual Christmas cookie- and candy-making party. Everyone still tells me that their families beg them to make these decadent delights for their holiday festivities.
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peanut butter
- 1 can (16 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 package (2 pounds) confectioners' sugar
- 1. Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a saucepan over low heat, cook and stir chips and peanut butter until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread half into prepared pan; refrigerate. Add peanuts to the remaining mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine the milk, pudding mix and remaining butter; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in maple flavoring. In a bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and pudding mixture until smooth. Carefully spread over bottom layer. Carefully spread with reserved peanut mixture. Chill for at least 24 hours. Cut into 1-in. squares. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Yield: 12 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Candy Squares
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC