Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
This twist on Rice Krispie Treats is chock-full of creamy peanut butter and sweet chocolate. No one can eat just one!—Sue McLaughlin, Onawa, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add cereal; toss to coat. Spread and press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chips; stir to coat. Spread over cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC