Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in peanut butter until smooth. Gradually add cereal; toss to coat. Spread and press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; set aside.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chips; stir to coat. Spread over cereal mixture. Cover and freeze for 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is set. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Treats
"These are a tasty snack! You can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter together! We love the chocolate and butterscotch combination for the frosting. I did make these on the stovetop instead of the microwave and they came out great!"
"We really enjoyed these bars! I've always made my great-grandma's recipe which calls for brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup, and peanut butter. This is the first time I've ever tried the marshmallow, butter, and peanut butter combination and my husband liked these much better! They're not quite so heavy and a welcome addition to his lunch box."
"The topping has to be more than just the chips. Texture and consistency would not do anything but be a dry glob. The peanut butter treats alone are tasty tho!"
"I loved this quick and easy recipe. I used 2 muffin pans instead of a 9x13" pan. I liked the individual servings, perfect for one person."
"I think the 50/50 butterscotch/chocolate chips is a mistake...the butterscotch adds an overly sweet off taste to the mix. Everyone knows pb and chocolate are the match we're looking for! Otherwise, a solid and simple recipe."
"easy to make. easier to eat. :)"
"We really love these treats. I also like that they don't have any karo syrup in them. They are great just the way they are"
"The only recipe I will use now. It took 3 minutes in the microwave for the marshmallows and 3 minutes to melt the chocolate. I only put it in the fridge for a half hour to harden up the chocolate. They were easy to cut and eat."