Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan melt butter and shortening over low heat, Remove from the heat; stir in the cocoa, chocolate syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe or spread onto the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-3/4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies(19)
Sort By :
Sounds like too much milk in the filling. I would add it slowly and stop when I got the consistency I want.
I would definitely make these again, but would cut back on the milk for the filling! It was way to soft, so I had to keep adding sugar to thicken it. But they are very good!
I want to try this recepie, but would like to know first if it freezes well? Has anyone tried freezing them?
I agree with wolfmommy that recipes shouldn't be rated unless actually tried. Good cooks can determine whether they like the ingredients, but an excellent cook would not rate it until he/she tried it to determine the correctness of amounts.
FILLING: Why not use Chocolate Peanut Butter mixed with whipped cream; add vanilla and if needed, add a little bit of the powdered sugar for taste.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate >
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Desserts >
- Peanut Butter Cookies >