- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large saucepan melt butter and shortening over low heat, Remove from the heat; stir in the cocoa, chocolate syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe or spread onto the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-3/4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"Sounds like too much milk in the filling. I would add it slowly and stop when I got the consistency I want."
"I would definitely make these again, but would cut back on the milk for the filling! It was way to soft, so I had to keep adding sugar to thicken it. But they are very good!"
"I want to try this recepie, but would like to know first if it freezes well? Has anyone tried freezing them?"
"I agree with wolfmommy that recipes shouldn't be rated unless actually tried. Good cooks can determine whether they like the ingredients, but an excellent cook would not rate it until he/she tried it to determine the correctness of amounts."
"FILLING: Why not use Chocolate Peanut Butter mixed with whipped cream; add vanilla and if needed, add a little bit of the powdered sugar for taste."