Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Sandwich cookies are always a hit, and homemade ones like these that feature peanut butter and chocolate are guaranteed to please! Whenever we visit out-of-town friends, they ask if we'll bring a batch of these cookies. —Vickie Rhoads, Eugene, Oregon
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 11 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan melt butter and shortening over low heat, Remove from the heat; stir in the cocoa, chocolate syrup and peanut butter until smooth. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until lemon-colored. Beat in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 3. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until surface cracks. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe or spread onto the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2-3/4 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie equals 417 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC