Chocolate Peanut Butter Parfaits Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping, divided
- 1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and 2 tablespoons milk. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; set aside. In another small bowl, whisk remaining milk with the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 2. Spoon half of the pudding into six parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Layer with reserved peanut butter mixture and remaining pudding. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate remaining whipped topping.
- 3. Just before serving, garnish each parfait with 1 tablespoon whipped topping and 1-1/2 teaspoons peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait equals 146 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.