Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins Recipe
This tasty muffin with a chocolate cookie base was inspired by my daughter, Kourtney, who loves peanut butter.—Barbara Eggleston, Frewsburg, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 24 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir in butter; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Whisk together egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 10-20 seconds or until softened. Fold into batter.
- 3. Press about 1 tablespoon reserved crumb mixture onto the bottom of 12 ungreased muffin cups. Divide batter evenly between cups. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 367 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC