- For glaze, in a large heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and
- corn syrup to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Add
- chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup glaze to cool.
- Place remaining glaze in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Spread cooled glaze over loaf; cover and
- freeze overnight.
- Using plastic wrap, lift loaf out of pan. Place chocolate side down
- in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; place on a wire rack. Discard
- plastic wrap.
- In microwave, warm refrigerated glaze; stir until smooth. Pour over
- loaf; spread with a metal spatula to completely cover top and sides.
- Sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze for 1 hour or until glaze is set.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 533 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.