Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Recipe
When I want to splurge on a rich dessert, I whip up this chocolate-glazed frozen peanut butter mousse. It's so luscious, even a thin slice will satisfy. It tastes like a peanut butter cup.
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream and yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until thickened.
- 2. Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth. In small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- 3. For glaze, in a large heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup glaze to cool. Place remaining glaze in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. Spread cooled glaze over loaf; cover and freeze overnight.
- 4. Using plastic wrap, lift loaf out of pan. Place chocolate side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; place on a wire rack. Discard plastic wrap.
- 5. In microwave, warm refrigerated glaze; stir until smooth. Pour over loaf; spread with a metal spatula to completely cover top and sides. Sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze for 1 hour or until glaze is set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 533 calories, 43 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC