Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 egg yolks
- 1-1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons dark corn syrup
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, 1/2 cup cream and yolks. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° and is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until thickened.
- Line an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and butter until light and fluffy. Add brown sugar mixture; beat until smooth. In small bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into peanut butter mixture. Spoon into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate.
- For glaze, in a large heavy saucepan, bring the cream, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate; whisk until smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup glaze to cool. Place remaining glaze in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight. Spread cooled glaze over loaf; cover and freeze overnight.
- Using plastic wrap, lift loaf out of pan. Place chocolate side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan; place on a wire rack. Discard plastic wrap.
- In microwave, warm refrigerated glaze; stir until smooth. Pour over loaf; spread with a metal spatula to completely cover top and sides. Sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze for 1 hour or until glaze is set. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert(4)
Sort By :
This recipe is rich, but not as rich as you might think from reading the recipe. It's so smooth and creamy and doesn't freeze rock solid. It's just perfect. Even people that weren't peanut butter lovers raved about this dessert when I made it! Delicious.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- New Year's Desserts >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >