Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
I developed this recipe by combining some dessert recipes in my collection. The smooth peanut butter flavor earns rave reviews.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 foil bonbon-size baking cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until
- smooth. Place a scant teaspoonful inside each foil cup and rotate it
- gently in the palm of your hand to coat the sides and bottom. (Use a
- spoon to help coat the sides if necessary.)
- Place cups in miniature muffin pans; chill until firm. Set remaining
- chocolate aside. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk
- powder, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press one ball into each chocolate cup. Top
- with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until set. Store in an
- airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.