Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe
I developed this recipe by combining some dessert recipes in my collection. The smooth peanut butter flavor earns rave reviews.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 foil bonbon-size baking cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Place a scant teaspoonful inside each foil cup and rotate it gently in the palm of your hand to coat the sides and bottom. (Use a spoon to help coat the sides if necessary.)
- 2. Place cups in miniature muffin pans; chill until firm. Set remaining chocolate aside. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk powder, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls; press one ball into each chocolate cup. Top with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 112 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC