I developed this recipe by combining some dessert recipes in my collection. The smooth peanut butter flavor earns rave reviews.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 36 foil bonbon-size baking cups
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Place a scant teaspoonful inside each foil cup and rotate it gently in the palm of your hand to coat the sides and bottom. (Use a spoon to help coat the sides if necessary.)
- Place cups in miniature muffin pans; chill until firm. Set remaining chocolate aside. In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk powder, corn syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; press one ball into each chocolate cup. Top with remaining melted chocolate. Chill until set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p34
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2009
"took these to church for a social. Big hit - no leftovers."