- In a small saucepan, cook peanut butter and oil over low heat for
- 2-3 minutes or until peanut butter is melted. Remove from the heat;
- stir in sugar and sugar blend until smooth. Stir in the milk,
- vinegar and vanilla. Pour into flour mixture; stir until blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20
- minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until
- light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk,
- vanilla and salt. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with jimmies if desired.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter and Splenda sugar blend.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake equals 246 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.