My twist on rice crispy bars includes crunchy crushed pretzels. Then I top them with a creamy peanut butter coating and rich chocolate topping. Garnished with peanuts and even more pretzels, I don’t think I'd ever go back to plain old bars again. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 3 cups miniature pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Reserve 1/3 cup chopped pretzels. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallows; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in Rice Krispies and remaining chopped pretzels. Immediately press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add peanut butter chips; cook 30-40 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over cereal layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add chocolate chips; cook 30-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels; press down gently. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars in Taste of Home September/October 2013
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut-Butter Crunch Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review