Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars Recipe
- 3 cups miniature pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup Corn Syrup, dividedLighten Up Holiday Treats Sweeten your holiday treats with light corn syrup from ALDI.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Reserve 1/3 cup chopped pretzels. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Stir in marshmallows; cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until marshmallows are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in Rice Krispies and remaining chopped pretzels. Immediately press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, combine 2 tablespoons butter and 1/4 cup corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add peanut butter chips; cook 30-40 seconds or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over cereal layer.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining corn syrup and remaining butter. Cook on high for 45-60 seconds or until butter is melted, stirring once. Add chocolate chips; cook 30-40 seconds longer or until chips are melted, stirring once. Spread over top.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and reserved pretzels; press down gently. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Sort By :
"Warning! These things are addictive. I made a batch for Halloween on Thursday and today (Sunday) my husband is begging me to make a batch for him to take to work with him this week. Needless to say they're in the fridge right now. I managed to get half of one from the first batch. YUM! Guess I know what I'll be giving for take-homes at T-Day. Thanks for sharing."
"Great twist on the usual ho-hum Rice Krispie bars. Love the salty-sweet combination of flavors."
"I took these to work for a birthday and they were a hit!"
"These are so good. I followed the recipe exactly this time but it would be easy to customize it to your favorite flavors. But how can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!!"
"This recipe was a hit for football night! My husband doesn't care for pretzels so I substituted kettle cooked potato chips to get the salty crunch."