Tell the kids to roll up their sleeves and help make these crunchy, chocolaty bars. They're easy and will surely satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. Kathy Mitchell, Brookfield, WI
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 sleeves butter-flavored crackers (about 80 crackers)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over crackers. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p15
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review