Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars Recipe
Tell the kids to roll up their sleeves and help make these crunchy, chocolaty bars. They're easy and will surely satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. Kathy Mitchell, Brookfield, WI
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 sleeves butter-flavored crackers (about 80 crackers)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- 2. Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining crackers.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over crackers. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece equals 517 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC