- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 sleeves butter-flavored crackers (about 80 crackers)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a saucepan, combine the cracker crumbs, sugars, butter and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Place a single layer of crackers in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; top with half of crumb mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour over crackers. Let stand until set. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp Bars
"I made this for a baby shower i was throwing for my cousin. Since i was so wrapped up in making sure everyone had seats, drinks, food, etc., i was last to get a plate to eat. There wasn't a single crumb left in the dish!!! Those ladies devoured it & it is a pretty big dish so it must've been good...but i won't know personally til i make it again. :("
"These were really yummy, big hit at work, but the layers separate/crumbled for me too. Also had a problem because I used wax paper and didn't spray it with non stick spray or anything so it stuck to the bottom. Nobody cared though because they were so tasty."
"Have made it twice, everyone loves it. It's better with no butterscotch chips, use all chocolate."
"Love, love love. I will definitely make these again. Love the sweet/salty/crunchy result, and they aren't sickeningly sweet.I used round crackers, but will probably use club crackers next time, like another reviewer suggested.One reviewer thought they were very crumbly. That wasn't the case for me, and I wonder if the crumbliness was from using too many crackers.I decreased the butterscotch chips to 3/4 cup and increased the chocolate chips to 1 1/4 cups, because I don't like too strong of a butterscotch flavor. And I used crunchy peanut butter since that's what I had on hand."
"This was ok i thought it was a little hard to layer evenly and they crumbled when i cut them. So they tasted pretty good but weren't nice to look at."
"This is a great recipe! I use Club crackers because they are square and fit into the pan more evenly. I have had this recipe for years and I'm always asked for it when I take these bars anyplace. They are wonderful!"
"Ummm, mmm, good.I used graham crackers throughout, because that's what I had on hand. I also found the chocolate part easier to work with by adding a tsp of melted margarine and tbl of milk"
"If this is the recipe I think it is, IT IS AMAZING!!!! When my brother and I were growing up, my mom would make this for us to bring into class as birthday treats! Without fail, they were ALWAYS a hit! So good!"
"This recipe was very simple to make and went over great at the office potluck."
"These were super easy to make and what a great taste. The combination of chocolate, peanut butter and salty crunch from the crackers is wonderful!"