Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles Recipe
- 1 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Flatten each ball and wrap around a peanut butter cup half; reshape into a ball. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles
"Sticky. I used cooking spray on my hands to prevent sticking. They're yummy though!"
"Loved by my family!! Sticky dough don't handle too much!! Makes 2 dozen."
"I was out of cocoa and substituted with Ghirardelli chocolate hazelnut hot cocoa mix. I also didn't want to wait for the dough to chill so i spread the batter in a 8x10 pan and sprinkled it with broken peanut butter cups. It produced a cake like brownie. Baked it for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick came out clean. The office crew loved them."
"very dry should have added peanut butter cups into cookie dough and maybe a little less flour"
"Delicious! I don't use artificial sweetners, so I substituted 1 cup of regular sugar. These were a hit on my Christmas cookie tray!"