Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles Recipe
“I make these every year and they disappear fast,” writes Giovanna Kranenberg from Cambridge, Minnesota. “They have a lovely snowy look, making them perfect for the holidays!” The make-ahead dough is an added bonus
- 1 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Flatten each ball and wrap around a peanut butter cup half; reshape into a ball. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 36 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC