“I make these every year and they disappear fast,” writes Giovanna Kranenberg from Cambridge, Minnesota. “They have a lovely snowy look, making them perfect for the holidays!” The make-ahead dough is an added bonus
- 1 cup sugar blend
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 24 miniature peanut butter cups, halved
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Flatten each ball and wrap around a peanut butter cup half; reshape into a ball. Roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p45
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Crackles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review