A few Christmases ago, I baked nine types of cookies over 2 days in a baking marathon that lasted into the night. These are a favorite anytime of year.—Bob & Georgia Crabb, Scio, Oregon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, stir peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat sugars, butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place half of the balls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a depression in the center of each ball with your thumb; fill with 1 teaspoon of the chilled peanut butter mixture. Flatten remaining balls and place on top, pressing edges to seal. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients in s small bowl; stir until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2013
"We have been making these cookies for years. They are a little extra work.....but well worth it! They taste like a chocolate cookie with a reese cup filling. Yummy!!"