A few Christmases ago, I baked nine types of cookies over 2 days in a baking marathon that lasted into the night. These are a favorite anytime of year.—Bob & Georgia Crabb, Scio, Oregon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, stir peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Chill 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat sugars, butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Combine flour, cocoa and baking powder; add to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place half of the balls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Make a depression in the center of each ball with your thumb; fill with 1 teaspoon of the chilled peanut butter mixture. Flatten remaining balls and place on top, pressing edges to seal. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine frosting ingredients in s small bowl; stir until smooth. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p47
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review