Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews Recipe
"I'm always searching for good recipes to use in the microwave," relates Sharan Williams of Spanish Fork, Utah. "These thick, rich and chocolaty bars are oh-so-good served warm."
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a bowl, combine the condensed milk, peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and oats. Spread into an 8-in. square microwave-safe dish; shield corners with small triangles of foil. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 7-1/2 minutes. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool slightly; remove foil. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine milk and the remaining vanilla and chocolate chips. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds or until chocolate is melted. Stir; spread over bars. Yield: 16 bars.
1 piece: 259 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Chews
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC