Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 bars.
1 piece: 201 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
"These are amazing! Gooey and candy bar-like. I made them with white chocolate chips since my mom doesn't eat chocolate and they were still really good. I think I need to double the recipe next time, these went too fast!"