Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 bars.
1 bar equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
"These are amazing! Gooey and candy bar-like. I made them with white chocolate chips since my mom doesn't eat chocolate and they were still really good. I think I need to double the recipe next time, these went too fast!"