Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars Recipe
“I got this recipe from my mother, and it’s now part of my yearly Christmas baking,” writes Denise Moore from Nepean, Ontario. “For variety, I sometimes form the mixture into balls with chocolate caps. One batch is never enough!”
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 bars.
1 bar equals 201 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 98 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC