“I got this recipe from my mother, and it’s now part of my yearly Christmas baking,” writes Denise Moore from Nepean, Ontario. “For variety, I sometimes form the mixture into balls with chocolate caps. One batch is never enough!”
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 bars.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cereal Bars in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p27
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2012
"These are amazing! Gooey and candy bar-like. I made them with white chocolate chips since my mom doesn't eat chocolate and they were still really good. I think I need to double the recipe next time, these went too fast!"