“I got this recipe from my mother, and it’s now part of my yearly Christmas baking,” writes Denise Moore from Nepean, Ontario. “For variety, I sometimes form the mixture into balls with chocolate caps. One batch is never enough!”
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, corn syrup and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in the cereal and pecans. Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture; cool. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 bars.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Cereal Bars in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p27
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2012
"These are amazing! Gooey and candy bar-like. I made them with white chocolate chips since my mom doesn't eat chocolate and they were still really good. I think I need to double the recipe next time, these went too fast!"