Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
The original recipe was a from-scratch cake, but I use a boxed mix to save time. I hope you enjoy the rich dessert as much as we do.—Patricia Eckard, Singers Glen, Virginia
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and oil until smooth; spread over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, heat frosting on high for 25-30 seconds or until pourable; stir until smooth. Carefully pour and spread over peanut butter layer. Let stand until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC