Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
The original recipe was a from-scratch cake, but I use a boxed mix to save time. I hope you enjoy the rich dessert as much as we do.Patricia Eckard, Singers Glen, Virginia
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and oil until smooth; spread
- over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a microwave, heat frosting on high for 25-30 seconds or until
- pourable; stir until smooth. Carefully pour and spread over peanut
- butter layer. Let stand until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.