Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and oil until smooth; spread over warm cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a microwave, heat frosting on high for 25-30 seconds or until pourable; stir until smooth. Carefully pour and spread over peanut butter layer. Let stand until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
"This is so easy and quick to make. My husband enjoys desserts with peanut butter and this recipe did not disappoint him."
"This is so ez and delicious it's almost sinful!! I have made it for a crowd, as well as my chocolate/peanut butter loving daughter. This is a winner in every circumstance!! Kudos to Patricia....you had a terrific idea!!"
"This is my MIL's favorite cake that I make. My hubby loves it, too! Very yummy!"
"This cake was delicious! However, it may be a bit rich for some people."