Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
My husband and I have two sons and I sent these brownies to them regularly when they were in college. They told me that they used to hide a few from their roommates just to make sure there would be some left! —Patsy Burgin, Lebanon, Indiana
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and pale colored. Add flour and melted chocolate; stir well. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the brownies test done. Cool. For filling, beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Stir in cream or milk until mixture reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies; cover and chill until firm. For glaze; melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the filling. Chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 141 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC