- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and pale colored. Add flour and melted chocolate; stir well. Pour into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the brownies test done. Cool. For filling, beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Stir in cream or milk until mixture reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies; cover and chill until firm. For glaze; melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the filling. Chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
Sort By :
"How can a 9x9 pan yield 5 DOZEN brownies!!!!"
"Pretty yummy! I ran out of sugar, powdered sugar, and chocolate and they still turned out good!"
"Great recipe for this favorite combination! I took them to work where everyone loved them."
"I think I will try this using a boxed brownie mix and putting it in a 9"x13" pan. I will use the same filling ingr. as for a 9" pan. Sounds wonderful! Will let you know how it turns out."