- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream or milk
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and pale colored. Add flour and melted chocolate; stir well. Pour into a greased 9-in.-square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the brownies test done. Cool. For filling, beat confectioners' sugar, peanut butter and butter in a bowl. Stir in cream or milk until mixture reaches desired spreading consistency. Spread over cooled brownies; cover and chill until firm. For glaze; melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the filling. Chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
"How can a 9x9 pan yield 5 DOZEN brownies!!!!"
"Pretty yummy! I ran out of sugar, powdered sugar, and chocolate and they still turned out good!"
"Great recipe for this favorite combination! I took them to work where everyone loved them."
"I think I will try this using a boxed brownie mix and putting it in a 9"x13" pan. I will use the same filling ingr. as for a 9" pan. Sounds wonderful! Will let you know how it turns out."
"I made this for company and was excited to see how they turned out. The brownie portion was horrible. It tasted like cardboard! The peanut butter topping was delicious and the only saving grace in this brownie. I might try it again, but I'm going to have to do something about the brownie to make it edible!!"
"Made this yesterday for my son-in-law. He loved them. I had to use chocolate chips because I had no unsweetened chocolate so I found them very sweet, but not uneatable. The brownie turned out very well considering I have very little success when making brownies.When all is said and done this is a nice snack. I will make it again but I will use unsweetened chocolate. I give it 5 *****!!!!!!"
"this does not yeild five dozenthis makes one pan"
"My all time fave brownies when I want something extra. Very impressive for taking to parties/teas/potlucks etc. Always the first to go. Very very rich, so I've found these don't go over well in other countries where sweets are less rich and the chocolate/PB craze is non-existant. However in North America these go down fabulous! Made these over 10 years ago for a high school project where I created a cookbook. I got an A+ (hopefully deserved even if I didn't have these samples!!)"
"These brownies are the perfect fix for achocolate and peanut butter craving! I skipped the chocolate glaze on top to save time and they tasted amazing anyway."