Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombes
Kids of all ages are sure to love these creamy frozen bombes with the peanut butter “surprise” inside! The creative combo comes from our Test Kitchen.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 8 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- Line eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap; set
- aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and chocolate syrup until
- smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar; fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon into prepared cups; insert a peanut butter cup into the center
- of each. Cover and freeze for 4-5 hours or until firm.
- Invert bombes into dessert dishes; remove cups and plastic wrap.
- Drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 bombe equals 270 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 fat.