Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 2. Meanwhile, place melted peanut butter in a large greased heat- proof bowl. Pour hot syrup over peanut butter; stir quickly until blended. Pour onto a well-buttered baking sheet; cover with a piece of buttered waxed paper. Roll mixture into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. While warm, cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars using a buttered pizza cutter or knife. Cool completely.
- 3. Melt candy coating; dip bars and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 136 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
"This is definitely a keeper. I had to work quickly because of the chocolate, but I just kept stirring and dipping!"
"I make these "butterfinger" like bars every year for Christmas and they are amazing. You have to be fast stirring the hot syrup mixture into the peanut butter and the dipping process is time consuming BUT the compliments you get are well worth your time and effort. Enjoy!!"
"Melting peanut butter: you can melt it in a bowl inthe microwave (stir about every 20-30 seconds until warmed/softened, sort of like melting chocolate), or in a saucepan over low heat. Melting the peanut butter makes it easier to combine with the other ingredients."
"How do you melt peanut butter???? I never heard of such a thing."