Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
"My daughter won first place in a contest with this candy, which I make at Christmas time. It melts in your mouth!" reports Mary Esther Holloway of Bowerstons, Ohio.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar (18 ounces) creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved; bring to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer reads 290° (soft-crack stage).
- 2. Meanwhile, place melted peanut butter in a large greased heat- proof bowl. Pour hot syrup over peanut butter; stir quickly until blended. Pour onto a well-buttered baking sheet; cover with a piece of buttered waxed paper. Roll mixture into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. While warm, cut into 1-1/2-in. x 1-in. bars using a buttered pizza cutter or knife. Cool completely.
- 3. Melt candy coating; dip bars and place on waxed paper to harden. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 136 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC