Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cereal. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal; toss to coat. Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheets; refrigerate until set. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
"I find these so easy to make and my grandchildren really look forward to them. I love making them almost any time. YUMMY!"
"Made these earlier in the week and they turned out great! My husband left the chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave too long, but a bit of milk and more warming fixed it right up. Will definitely make more!"
"This recipe was awful! Too crumbly. I couldn't hardly make the balls. I'll find a different peanut butter recipe. Granted I love peanut butter balls, but I wouldn't make this kind again. Sorry."
"They're very simple to make and taste so good. Great for giving as homemade Christmas Gifts."
"This recipe took FOREVER to make!!! Everone but me loved them. I think I was just sick of looking at and smelling these. I probably would have liked them if someone else made them:)"
"Thanks for posting such a GREAT Recipe. Made these yesterday and the whole family LOOOVED them. They really are great!!"