Chocolate Peanut Brittle
Our home economists prepare this brittle in the microwave. So it's easy enough for anyone to make!
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan and a metal spatula; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes; stir. Cook 3 minutes
- longer. Stir in peanuts and butter. Microwave for 30-60 seconds or
- until mixture turns a light amber color (mixture will be very hot).
- Quickly stir in cocoa, baking soda and vanilla until combined.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan; spread with the metal spatula.
- Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: about 1-1/4 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce equals 139 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 132 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.