From West Covina, California, Carol Johnson shares her homemade version of the popular Baby Ruth candy bar.
- 1-1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 7 cups cornflakes
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; add peanut butter and mix well. Stir in the cornflakes and peanuts. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and shortening; pour over bars and quickly spread evenly. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until set before cutting. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Peanut Bars in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p67
Reviews for Chocolate Peanut Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review