Chocolate Pavlova Recipe
A mild chocolate-flavored meringue is topped with a colorful, fresh, red and green fruit topping.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. Add the vinegar, cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in cocoa and chocolate.
- 3. Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and strawberries. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon liqueur; toss gently to coat. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and remaining liqueur; beat until soft peaks form.
- 5. Top meringue with berries. Arrange kiwi over berries; top with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 276 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Pavlova
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC