This moist cake is so delicious with its luscious coffee-flavored icing. Guests usually ask for the recipe. —Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- MOCHA RUM ICING:
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated nondairy creamer
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons brewed coffee
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 4 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For icing, in a small bowl, beat the butter, confectioners' sugar, cocoa, creamer, extract and enough coffee to achieve desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with pecans if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Party Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p22
Reviews for Chocolate Party Cake with Mocha Rum Icing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2015
"I thought this was okay, but nothing really special. I will say the the texture is super light and moist."
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"this is avery good cake just perfect for a party"