“I created this sweet treat for my new husband when I was learning to use the panini maker we‘d received as a wedding gift,“ writes Kayla Wilcoxson from her home in Abilene, Texas. “Sometimes I’ll use different fruits...but it always brings me rave reviews!“
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Butter one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle with sugar. Spread
- cream cheese over the other side. Place candy bar on the cream
- cheese side of one slice; top with the other slice, butter side up.
- Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 2-3 minutes or until
- bread is browned and candy bar is melted. Cut in half; top with
- strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 panini equals 250 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.