Chocolate Panini Recipe
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices white bread
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 milk chocolate candy bar (1.55 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread; sprinkle with sugar. Spread cream cheese over the other side. Place candy bar on the cream cheese side of one slice; top with the other slice, butter side up.
- 2. Cook on an indoor grill or panini maker for 2-3 minutes or until bread is browned and candy bar is melted. Cut in half; top with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 250 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Panini
"Wonderfully easy! Great inspiration starter to better utilized Panini maker."
"The best bread for peanut butter and banana sandwiches (my all-time favorite!) is fresh white loaf bread. If, however, you want to make it gourmet and/or grill it, I'd go with a good multi-grain wheat sourdough. That will better stand up to heat and press (if you use one). "
"My husband loves peanut butter & banana sandwiches which, now that I'm thinking about it, would probably be pretty tasty warm.Is there a particular bread that you use or just any loaf bread? I saw Paula Deen make a sandwich on her show once that was the fried PB & Nanner type but then she put cinnamon sugar on the outside of it. As if the sandwich fried in a pan of butter weren't enough, let's add sugar. May my sweet tooth never been that needy.