Chocolate-Orange Scones Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine pancake mix, cream and orange peel. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 times. Knead in chocolate.
- 2. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
1 each: 221 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Orange Scones
"Because I don't like orange flavored anything, I substituted vanilla and we really enjoyed them."
"i love, love, LOVED this. i too, wonder how i could make it pumpkin?"
"It is hard to believe something so easy could be so good! This recipe is a keeper!"
"VERY DISAPPOINTMENTING. THEY TASTED LIKE PANCAKE MIX."
"These look so yummy...I love Scones but am not a great baker. These look so easy I can even do it!Any tips on variations...would love to try this as Gingerbread or Pumpkin...my two favs."