Yes, you can make scones! Pancake mix is the key to this light and fluffy quick bread that kids will love! “These are great with a cup of coffee, milk or herbal tea.” Margaret Wilson — Sun City, California
- 1-1/2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine pancake mix, cream and orange peel. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6 times. Knead in chocolate.
- Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 8 scones.
Originally published as Chocolate-Orange Scones in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p42
Reviews for Chocolate-Orange Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review