Chocolate Orange Pie Recipe
From North Richland Hills, Texas, Laurie LaClair shares this make-ahead delight that's just in time for your Halloween bash. "I dreamed up this wonderful concoction when I was yearning for the creamy orange ice cream treat of my childhood," she writes.
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chocolate chips and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until melted. Remove from the heat. Cool completely
- 2. Meanwhile, alternately arrange scoops of ice cream and sherbet in crust; smooth top. Pour chocolate sauce over pie; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 417 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Orange Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC