Chocolate Orange Pie
From North Richland Hills, Texas, Laurie LaClair shares this make-ahead delight that's just in time for your Halloween bash. "I dreamed up this wonderful concoction when I was yearning for the creamy orange ice cream treat of my childhood," she writes.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chocolate chips and milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or
- until melted. Remove from the heat. Cool completely
- Meanwhile, alternately arrange scoops of ice cream and sherbet in
- crust; smooth top. Pour chocolate sauce over pie; sprinkle with
- pecans. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. May be frozen for up
- to 2 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.