Chocolate Orange Pie Recipe
From North Richland Hills, Texas, Laurie LaClair shares this make-ahead delight that's just in time for your Halloween bash. "I dreamed up this wonderful concoction when I was yearning for the creamy orange ice cream treat of my childhood," she writes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, chocolate chips and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until melted. Remove from the heat. Cool completely
- 2. Meanwhile, alternately arrange scoops of ice cream and sherbet in crust; smooth top. Pour chocolate sauce over pie; sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 417 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC