Chocolate Orange Cupcakes Recipe
Chocolate and orange are perfect together in these fudgy morsels. To give them a moist brownie-like texture, I add mayonnaise. The cupcakes taste even better when served with a scoop of homemade ice cream.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, orange peel and vanilla; gradually add orange juice until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 9 cupcakes.
1 serving (1 each) equals 273 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC