- mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Pierce side of each puff
- with tip of knife. Cool on wire racks. Split puffs open. Pull out
- and discard soft dough from inside tops and bottoms.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk
- and marmalade. Cook and stir until chips are melted. Cool to room
- temperature. Stir in orange liqueur; fold in whipped topping.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch
- and salt. Stir in water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in
- vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, fill cream puffs with filling; drizzle with
- chocolate syrup.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cream puff with 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup equals 206 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.