Chocolate-Orange Cream Puffs Recipe
Here's a triple treat for chocolate lovers...chocolate cream puffs with a rich, velvety chocolate-orange filling that's topped with a homemade chocolate syrup. Yum!
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 eggs
- CHOCOLATE ORANGE FILLING:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 4 cups whipped topping
- CHOCOLATE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter, chocolate and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Pierce side of each puff with tip of knife. Cool on wire racks. Split puffs open. Pull out and discard soft dough from inside tops and bottoms.
- For filling, in a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and marmalade. Cook and stir until chips are melted. Cool to room temperature. Stir in orange liqueur; fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, fill cream puffs with filling; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate-Orange Cream Puffs in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p137
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate-Orange Cream Puffs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Mother's Day Pastry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >