Chocolate Orange Cookies Recipe
My three sisters like the combination of chocolate and orange as much as I do, so we all really savor these beautiful cookies. The candied orange peel on top is a special twist. —Ruth Rumple, Rockford, Ohio
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated orange peel
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1. Cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter or shape into 2-in. x 1-in. rectangles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Combine orange peel and remaining sugar; spread thin layer over cookies.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chocolate chips; decorate cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 236 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Orange Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC