- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely grated orange peel
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. cookie cutter or shape into 2-in. x 1-in. rectangles. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Combine orange peel and remaining sugar; sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt chocolate chips; decorate cookies. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Orange Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1997, p29
Reviews for Chocolate Orange Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review