Chocolate Orange Bites Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Baking cocoa and/or additional confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Lightly sprinkle with cocoa and/or confectioners’ sugar before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 piece equals 35 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 37 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Orange Bites
"I gave this to my friends at Valentine's Day. They raved about them. I didn't change a thing."
"I like this cookie made with the Nilla wafer cookies."