Chocolate and orange blend beautifully in this Test Kitchen recipe, creating a special cookie with big taste. Better still, they're only 35 calories each!
Featured In: 20 Recipes for Homemade Christmas Candy
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Baking cocoa and/or additional confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Shape into 3/4-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly sprinkle with cocoa and/or confectioners’ sugar before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Orange Bites in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p45
Reviews for Chocolate Orange Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2011
"I gave this to my friends at Valentine's Day. They raved about them. I didn't change a thing."
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2011
"I like this cookie made with the Nilla wafer cookies."