Chocolate Oatmeal Sandwiches Recipe
I sometimes divide the batter in half, stir in 1/4 cup baking cocoa to one portion and make golden cookies with the remaining portion. Then I sandwich a golden cookies with a chocolate.
- 2-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat; beat in vanilla. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 414 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Oatmeal Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC