Chocolate Oatmeal Bars Recipe
A sprinkle of chocolate chips over the just from the oven bars softens the chips. Then you can spread them over the bars for a super easy topping.—Donna Gonda, North Canton, Ohio
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the flour and oats; mix well. Pour into a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with chips; when melted, spread chocolate over bars. Top with nuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC