- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add the flour and oats; mix well. Pour into a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with chips; when melted, spread chocolate over bars. Top with nuts. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
"My friend gave me a recipe very similar to this one and it is yummy."
"My husband and son look forward to oatmeal cookies for hunting however I was limited on time which this came in handy to make. I don't have a cake pan so I made this recipe x 4 and put into a 9x13 pan mix cinnamon chips in the batter. The said would be great with ice cream on top. Will be making this again."
"The end product was pleasing to the eye but I thought maybe some cinnamon would enhance the flavor more. i used Toffee bits not pecans."
"I made these and they taste good, not spectacular but good. I did not have the correct pan so I used a 12 by 8in pan and they came out a little thinner than normal but to me it made no difference. Also, I do not like pecans so instead I topped the chocolate with some peanut butter chips and melted it in with the choc. I enjoyed them this way, more flavor than just the chocolate. I would def. make these again."
"I enjoyed these. Be sure to push the nuts into the chocolate so they don't fall off as you cut them."
"Nothing special about this recipe. The flavor was a little on the bland side."
"11 X 7 pan is an unusual size so I used a sq pan and maybe should have baked it a bit longer but it tasted very good and I will make them again."
"Very simple and quick recipe to make. All the ingrediants were on hand. Definitely use the pan size indicated in the recipe for best results. I will deifnitely make these guys again. Thanks!"