- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; stir in the flour, oats, brown sugar and corn syrup. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 450° for 8-12 minutes or until golden-brown. Place on a wire rack. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes; spread chocolate over crust. Sprinkle with toffee bits and pecans. Refrigerate until chocolate is set. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Oat Toffee Bars
"These are a rich bar! Followed directions exactly. The super thick chocolate on top makes this simple cookie bar into a decadent treat. This is also a great recipe to use if missing eggs as it requires none. As volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I enjoy making recipes that are quick to put together and don't require an extra trip to the store."
"These are quick and delicious. I didn't have the quick-cooking oats so I had to substitute two packets of instant oatmeal (brown sugar-maple flavor). I knew that my husband wouldn't like a strong chocolate flavor so I used a combination of white, butterscotch & chocolate chips. My son and husband LOVED these. They are so good that it took all of my will-power to stop at two."
"These are delicious and easy to make!"