Chocolate Oat Scotchies
"My mom found this recipe a long time ago, and it was a hit with our family," recalls Stephanie Helmke of Defiance, Ohio. Each bite is packed with chocolate, butterscotch and peanut flavors.
39 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter; stir in brown
- sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup
- peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Add the oats.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for
- 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave oven, melt chips and
- remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Spread
- over crust. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars. Yield: 6-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.