- 2/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 2/3 cup chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter; stir in brown sugar and corn syrup until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Add the oats.
- Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a microwave oven, melt chips and remaining peanut butter; stir until smooth. Stir in peanuts. Spread over crust. Refrigerate until cool; cut into bars. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Oat Scotchies in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p10
Reviews for Chocolate Oat Scotchies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2011
Yummy bars! But I don't think it's accurate that it makes 6 1/2 dozen servings. It's only a 9 x 13 inch pan you use, and I cut the bars into 24 pieces......one piece was a smallish serving.